We at Safe Haven Foster Shoppe have developed a program unlike any other. We provide children who are being placed into foster care with a placement bag of their own. I know what you’re thinking, we have had bags donated before that just didn’t benefit the kids.
Our program is different we provide bags that are age, gender and size specific. We bring the bags to you as you need them. We strive to provide these items with 24 hours of placement.
How it works
- When a child is placed in foster care. Contact us or complete the Request items form for the child that is in need of a placement bag. Let us know their clothing size/age, gender and any special needs. We try our best to customize the bag to the child.
- We will personally deliver the bag to your family services building or to the foster home.
- Our bags are packed with ALL essentials plus some, they include a minimum of clothing, pajamas, blanket, toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush, shampoo/conditioner, body wash, book, stuffed animal, socks, underwear/diapers.
- All items are brand NEW!
- Teen bags include a little more including personal hygiene items; and diaper bags also include more items such as bottles and pacifiers.
- Many additional items available, such as coats, shoes, formula, toys, school supplies, and much much more! Just ASK!
We are here to be a resource for social workers, and provide support to the foster homes taking these children. We may have additional items available and can purchase item upon request and need.